Wednesday, November 26, 2008

O Me Merry Megrim!

This morning I awoke, showered, and dressed to get ready for class only to be met by my arch nemesis often depicted in Imitrex commercials as a small, green villainous monster who enjoys pounding about within peoples' craniums with a large hammer. In other words, I was overcome by a sudden migraine. For those who have never suffered from the aforementioned ailment, consider yourselves enviable.
You'll notice in the title of this post that I used the word "megrim" instead of migraine. I recently found out that medically, they can be used interchangeably in the English language. The funny thing about "megrim", however, is that in a non-medical community the word can refer to a fish, depression, a whim, or a fancy! What a confusing word megrim can be! For that very reason, it may be the perfect word to call a migraine! Depending on the stage of the migraine (or megrim), I may be incredibly depressed or, if I'm on a caffeine high and getting over my migraine, I will become rather whimsical and ridiculous. Therefore, I think the word "megrim" is here to stay!

1 comment:

LenaLoo said...

Oh I'm sorry Dano... I am right there with you... I have one right now... Trying to knock out with NyQuil and go to bed (cuz I have a cold too)...Happy Thanksgiving!